Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Feast of Sto. Niño


Every year, I allot the 15th of January and make it a point that I be able to come to the feast of Sto. Niño in Shrine Hills Matina Davao City. It may be surprising for some that one could actually spend time singing and dancing before the Miraculous Sto Niño, but I believe that with this, one can truly favor the escence of faith and love to the dear patron. I believe that this singing and dancing before Him makes Him happy, I do see the smile on His face every time we enjoy every beat of the music as it plays. And in return for the sins that we have committed, and for His continued forgiveness, the singing and dancing is nothing compared to the hurtful things we have done towards the dear patron and including others.

In my years of worship and unfading faith toward Him, never did he abandon me. As he said "THE MORE YOU HONOR ME, THE MORE I WILL BLESS YOU". These words had kept a vow to every devotee there is, and every 15 of january, all His devotees would take a part of their time just to see and visit the dear patron.

1 comment: